We train Post-Doctoral Fellows, graduate externs, and undergraduate students in psychology and other mental health disciplines. Fellowships, internships, and externships occur throughout the year, including academic year and summer-only experiences.
We also provide training to licensed mental health professionals, teachers, and speech language pathologists who work in our selective mutism intensive treatment programs. See below for all of our various open positions.
Mighty Mouth Kids Camp is our 1-week summer program for children with SM. Dr. Kurtz first developed this group intervention at the NYU Child Study Center and later brought to the Child Mind Institute in 2010. Treatment is focused on helping campers to face their fears and learn to use their voice through their journey from silence to brave talking. Counselors are paired with campers individually to support them in reaching specific goals.
Counselors for Mighty Mouth Kids (MMK) Selective Mutism Camp
- Summer 2020 Mighty Mouth Camp
- Training days will be Sunday and Monday August 9-10, 2019
- Lead-in days will be Tuesday-Friday, August 11-14, 2020
- Camp week will be August 17-21, 2020
- Counselors must be available onsite for all of these days listed above.
- Exceptions may be considered for returning staff and counselors.
- Winter 2021 Mighty Mouth Camp dates to be announced (approx. Jan 10-21, 2021).
- Click here to apply for Summer 2020 Mighty Mouth counselor position.