1. Teacher for CAPSTONE Summer Program
Start date: Summer 2020
This is a summer school teacher position for our CAPSTONE program for 4-6 year old students with behavioral issues that interfere with their learning and the learning of others. These students will typically have diagnoses of ADHD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, usually along with some combination of anxiety, mood, or learning problems. Some but not all of these students will have IEPs; some will carry 504 plans and others will be in general education without a 504.
Classes will be co-led by trained behavioral therapists. The program is unique in that we will incorporate parent training into the daily routines of the class. Parents will be coached, via bug-in-ear, to use the same prompting, monitoring, and reinforcement strategies as the teacher and behavioral staff.
- Special education teaching license in NY
- Ability to collaborate with behavioral staff
- Proficiency in behavior management skills
- Experience with Teacher-Child Interaction Training (TCIT)
- Proficiency with daily report cards (DRCs)
- June 29, 2020 – July 31, 2020
- 5 weeks, Mondays-Fridays (exc. July 4th observed July 3rd)
- Training takes place at our 57th Street offices and camp program will be at an offsite school.
- Training dates prior to the start of the camp to be determined, but will be in June, 2020.
- Lead teacher in classroom of 10 children with special behavioral needs
- Prepare and implement developmentally-appropriate lessons
- Collaborate with behavioral clinicians and teacher aides
- Prepare timely behavioral charts and other feedback
- Conduct parent feedback sessions
- Integrate IEP and 504 plans as needed
Salary and Benefits:
- Salaried position (W-2); Competitive salary commensurate with prior experience
- Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Send copy of current teaching license/certificate
- Have two (2) letters of reference sent from professionals who supervised you who can best speak to the qualities and attributes listed above in the Requirements section.